The E-Series EQ Module for 500 Series racks features two different EQ's found on editions of the console produced between 1979 and 1987. Each EQ has unique response curves and tonal character. Historically, the type of EQ fitted in an individual console was distinguished by the colors used on the LF knob caps so the two flavors have become known as the 'Brown' and 'Black' EQ's. On the E-Series EQ Module, you can switch between these two different flavors of EQ that have been loved by generations of professional producers. The SSL channel EQ is the classic four band design with fully parametric LMF and HMF with Q controls, which has become the industry standard channel EQ configuration. The E-Series EQ features selectable shelving or Bell curve operation for the LF and HF frequencies.
- Immortal SSL SL 4000 E Series circuitry
- Based on original SL 611 E console channel strip
- "Black-242" and "Brown-02" twin EQ design
- Versatile four band channel EQ
- Bell curve option on HF and LF
- Fully parametric LMF and HMF with Q